Welcome to our Infant/ Toddler Program!
Ages: 2 Months – 24 Months
- We provide a safe and nurturing “home away from home” where babies can grow, gain mobility, develop intellectual and social skills for a lifetime of success.
- We are committed to making this first transition way from home easy and natural for you and your child.
- Our infant/toddler center is divided into 2 separate but adjoining rooms so our younger infants are kept separate from the older more mobile and energetic toddlers. The transition from the infant side onto the toddler side is gradual and natural.
- Our toddlers are served fresh homemade food two times daily to those on table food starting with breakfast, followed by lunch and then an afternoon snack. The infants not on table food yet receive age appropriate baby food based on your individual “Infant Needs Plan”. We provide Earth’s Best formula because research showed it is the BEST! We accommodate breast fed babies.
We have a lot of fun in the Infant/Toddler rooms. We are always busy with singing songs, outdoor play, reading books, doing art projects and most important, reaching individual goals for each child such as rolling over, sitting up, crawling, and clapping hands. The atmosphere here is a friendly and welcoming one. There is always interaction between your child and their teachers! Stop by and you will notice the warm, caring environment and our dedication to cleanliness and sanitation.
Infant Daycare (2 Months – 12 Months)
“Teaching your infant to play and learn”
At Parkside, we know that every moment with an infant is precious. That’s why we coo, cuddle, rock and do everything possible to bond with your baby and develop a sense of trust. Through simple games like peek-a-boo, our loving teachers begin the foundational work for later learning and help infants grow in areas like:
- Motorskill Development – Grasping, Clutching, Movement
- Sensory Development – Touching, Feeling, Listening
- Play and Rest
Our infant care room is one where babies feel safe, secure and happy. Rooms are divided into general interest areas that meet children’s need to move, explore and express and relax.
But as much love as we give, we never forget that you are your child’s most important teacher. So we’ll work with you, give you written daily reports and offer tips on how to reinforce what your child learns in his/her time with us.
Toddler Daycare (12 Months – 24 Months)
“Channeling toddler energy toward learning”
Toddlers: There’s no doubt that they’re a bundle of energy. But at Parkside, we welcome that energy and excitement because we know that it’s a natural part of growth and learning. We’ll channel that energy into:
- Motor Skill Development – tossing, catching, rolling, crawling, walking.
- Language Development – reading time, speech development.
- Music and Movement – dancing, singing, outdoor play.
- Basic Concepts – helping notice and make sense of basic concepts, such as shapes and colors.
- Artistic Development – art and construction projects.
Our toddler program is all about creating experiences that are active, sensory-based and meaningful. Our teachers lead young toddlers through age-appropriate activities to improve coordination and increase verbal and problem-solving skills. Our Parkside toddler curriculum is based on the idea that children are naturally curious and motivated to learn. So we provide them with the materials and experiences to help them understand and communicate in ways most meaningful to them. Our teachers get to know each child, learn their interests and plan developmentally appropriate, engaging activities such as; painting, water and sand play, book exploration, manipulative play, small group experiences and large group circle times. All of these experiences pave the way for toddlers in their path towards lifelong learning.